Monday, October 20, 2008

Garbage Truck

I actually don't know if it was a garbage truck or the street cleaners, but last night around midnight, and also 6, and some time in between when I was too delirious to look at a clock, someone decided it would be a great idea to sit just below our bedroom window and incessantly raise and drop what I have to guess was a huge garbage dumpster. We usually hear this on Thursday mornings when the trash is picked up, but never on a Sunday night, and never 3 times in a night. Sleeping in the city is fun!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dude, I read a story, I think in the Seattle Weekly, about a bum who was sleeping in a dumpster and actually got dumped into a garbage truck in the morning!! ROFL!

Neil K. said...

I know I'll come off as an insensitive clod, but when I read about your dumpster/sleep issues, I could only think of Lewis Black's bit about that in New York City:

"I love New York City. I reason I live in New York City is because it's the loudest city on the planet Earth. It's so loud I never have to listen to any of the shit that's going on in my own head. It's really loud. They literally have guys come with jack hammers and they drill the streets and just leave cones in front of your apartment. You don't even know why. Garbage men come. They don't pick up the garbage. They just bang the cans together. And if your block's too quiet, they actually hire a guy who wanders around going, 'FUCK ME! FUCK ME! FUCK ME!' ... That was the first job I ever had."